hot Tapping & Cold Tapping

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #6675 by 11echo
Replied by 11echo on topic Re: hot Tapping & Cold Tapping
Well as most of us "old timers" can see this industry is NOT like what it use to be, and these days sometimes the majority of the job is just trying to keep up with how things have ended up! Below are a couple of links of what we use:

www.anvilintl.com/SharedContent/ ... DS_045.pdf
www.grainger.com/Grainger/saddle ... sst=subset

Now these are limited by temp. & pressure, but on fuel gas, vapor recovery headers, vacuum lines, blanket gas, & etc this is what we use. Actually this is nothing new, these bolt on clamps have be around for sometime. Really the only thing new is the frequency of their use these days (being used more) and the change in terminology. ...IMHO

NOTE: In my first link, on the 5th page, they do a pretty good job of showing how the manufacture suggest to install these clamp on branches ...we don't do it that way! Obviously using these to "cold tap" into a live line we can't pre-cut a hole into the main header. We do everything else as indicated, then add a short nipple & a full port ball or gate valve, then connect a drilling/coring machine and then cut the hole into the "live" main header.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #6677 by Flowr8
Replied by Flowr8 on topic Re: hot Tapping & Cold Tapping
Thanks 11echo,
I totally understand now. I haven't seen these Gruvloks used for tie-ins, but it all makes sense, including the definitions of cold and hot tap.

Many thanks again for taking the time to explain this in more detail.

• imranbagdadi
  • imranbagdadi's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #7025 by imranbagdadi
Replied by imranbagdadi on topic Re: hot Tapping & Cold Tapping
THANKFUL TO ALL MASTERS FOR RESOLVING ANY QUERY!!!

Imran Bagdadi

More
4 years 2 months ago #9389 by Wellfab
Replied by Wellfab on topic Re: hot Tapping & Cold Tapping
For more info on hot tapping and linestopping, email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
Hot tapping with WellFab is a safe, cost-effective and environmentally friendly way to make variations to pipeline networks without interrupting the network.

Line Stopping with WellFab is a safe & fast method of making reparations and alterations on piping works without stopping the flow in the system by using flow stopping and contemporary by-pass technology.

Check out our website for photos and information, we are based out of Ontario and work all around Canada. Email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for information. Thank you.

More
2 years 2 months ago #9423 by rishab
Replied by rishab on topic Re: hot Tapping & Cold Tapping
Great! thanks for sharing.

More
2 years 1 month ago #9427 by 3dcadguy
Replied by 3dcadguy on topic Re: hot Tapping & Cold Tapping
Your forward thinking attitude is so important. The changing name could be a stumbling block without an open mind..

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds