control valve passing

• ursvinoth
  • ursvinoth's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #7546 by ursvinoth
control valve passing was created by ursvinoth
is there any easy method(not with any leak detectors) of checking a leak or passing in control valve when it is fully closed. I got some information using temperature differnece if any one has idea on this pl let me know in detail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #5035 by Willis
Replied by Willis on topic Re: control valve passing
Maybe not an easy solution but there are companies who supply leak detection services using Infrared technology.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #5025 by 11echo
Replied by 11echo on topic Re: control valve passing
“IF” you’re looking for an easy way I’d suggest using a bleed ring with a paddle blind. You’d install these on the downstream side of the control valve. If this was a liquid commodity all you’d need is a drain valve in the bleed ring. If this was a gas commodity you’d need a pressure gage in the bleed ring. Because this will add to the over all length of the manifold you’ll probably have to do the same thing at the by-pass valve.
SO now all you need to do is to close off the control valve in question for a period of time (IF this system needs to be in operation during this time, you’d have to use the by-pass valve for operation during this test period). After the test period is up, just open the drain valve on the bleed ring at the control valve, IF there was a leak you’d get some seepage. IF this was a gas commodity you’d be using the pressure gage and it would have a reading if there was a leak through the control valve.
That’s about as simple as you can get and still get good results. The two “other” questions you need to worry about is can your operation stand the down time to install these items to the manifold. And “IF” you can, how much man power will be required to monitor the by-pass valve operation at this manifold during the test period. That’s my $0.02, good luck!

More
2 years 4 months ago #9420 by Carolyn4
Replied by Carolyn4 on topic Re: control valve passing
Learning is a basic step that you can follow up and get a chance to winning anything for learning purposes but you can continue this learning with read this post here online platform where all the professionals are available

Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds