Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: What flange is this

What flange is this 3 years 7 months ago #9166

  • Anton
  • Anton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 579
  • Thank you received: 10
  • Karma: 3
Agreed JOP.
Maybe a small mixup in terminology?

BOLT IDENTFICATION (from: pipingdesigners.com/contents/tips-tools-...ion-6e-gaskets-bolts )
Machine Bolt:
Machine bolts have a square forged head and requires only one hex nut.

Stud Bolt:
Stud bolts do not have heads. They are completely threaded from end to end and require two hex nuts to install.
- If you're the smartest person in the room ... you're in the wrong room.

What flange is this 3 years 7 months ago #9173

  • dhurst12
  • dhurst12's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 3
  • Karma: 0
Despite all of the comments about bolts, ground wire, corrosion, etc. I found the answer.

This is an "insert flange" manufactured by American Insert Flange Company.

The hub is welded on similar to a slip on flange, but it also has a lap joint flange that is free to rotate.
The hub is usually alloy and the flange ring is carbon steel
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Moderators: Jop
Time to create page: 0.436 seconds



Latest Jobs Feed

Feed not found.

Company News Feeds

Company News Feeds

Login Form

You are not logged in.